We are looking for an experienced system administrator keen on automation and cloud. We are not technology bound and we like exploring the limits of available products on the market, while driven by client needs.
At Melon you will be responsible for:
- Solving complex issues, often involving working across realms and applications – Windows, *NIX, databases, web-servers, cloud infrastructures;
- Planning, testing and deploying automation procedures for repetitive tasks using PowerShell/bash/python/ansible
- Managing CI/CD solutions for automated deployments in cloud and on-prem.
Key Technical Skills:
System administration, building and operating web solutions infrastructure, focus on automation and/or CI/CD, cross-realm troubleshooting, monitoring of workloads, Azure, AWS.
Key Personal Skills:
Strive forinnovation, excellent cross-realm (users/management/TLs) communications, good presentation skills.
Keep in mind, we are as interested in your work experience and background as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
We asked 150+ people in Melon “What you love most here?”. The definite answer was:
- the Variety of Projects;
- family Culture;
- sincere and Open Communication b/w colleagues;
- Work-from-Home possibility;
- Flexible Work Time;
- My Team Lead (no kidding!).
We’ve managed to create – totally out of the cliché – a really calm and accommodating environment here. Sure, we have all the common jazz – co-funded sports card, transportation, parking, training policy, additional health insurance, fruits & refreshments at the office, mini-team buildings and events, annual team building that gathers together everyone from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje offices.
You would be our perfect match if you have 2+ years of experience in system administration and you consider yourself as an knowledgeable in at least 3 of these subjects:
- managing Windows Server 2016/2019 in a domain environment;
- implementing and supporting web solutions;
- virtualization technologies (Hyper-V / VMware);
- Office365 stack;
- configuring and troubleshooting hybrid networks;
- relational database engines – MSSQL/MySQL;
- managing different Linux flavors – Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/Amazon Linux.
Any of the following will be considered a strong advantage:
- scripting skills;
- experience with containerization – OpenShift, Docker, etc.;
- experience with Infrastructure as a code and Compliance as a code;
- experience with CI/CD various DevOps tools and scripting – Azure Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, etc.;
- experience with Designing & Implementing solutions based on Azure and/or AWS services.;
- AWS / Microsoft certification.
Melon is one of the leading software companies in Bulgaria. We are a fast-growing business and our success is based entirely on our great team. We are one of the best places to work in Bulgaria.
Our services include software development for web and mobile, graphic design, eLearning systems and content. We work primarily for IT-related companies on the US and EU markets.
So far, the SysAdmin / DevOps team has been taking care of the Melon’s local and cloud infrastructures. However, we are also on а deliberate constant urge to find new opportunities for expanding our business outside of the company, the industry and the country. Currently we support 200+ Windows servers, 130+ workstations and a growing number of Cloud infrastructures in AWS and Azure.
Send us your CV. We will review it under full confidentiality. If you’re shortlisted, we’ll give you a call and invite you to a friendly interview over a nice cup of coffee.