Junior Quality Assurance Tester
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Tester to join our team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as a client: being smart, delivering results, and being nice. Therefore, beyond your skills, we value character, reason, and sense of humor, and we appreciate the potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working, and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Taking a planned and self-directed exploratory approach to testing
- Hunting for bugs in the software
- Investigating problems, finding their root cause, and clearly documenting findings
- Performing scenario-based testing from the perspectives of various client roles
- Raising usability concerns and proposing solutions to problems after performing a thorough investigation, considering the needs of all clients
- Designing and executing test cases
- Testing bug fixes to determine if they are valid and complete
- Validating crucial design decisions and trying to find flaws with them
- Proposing suggestions for additions and improvements to the software
- Communicating status, findings, and progress on a regular basis.
- At least 1-year practical experience in Web testing
- Expert working knowledge of computers and excellent typing skills
- Advanced written and spoken English Language skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in testing content management systems (Drupal, Django, Joomla or similar) is an asset
- Experience with issue-tracking software and with a testing database-driven web application is an asset
- Technical background & OOP skills are an asset
- Basic knowledge & affinity to evolve into UI automation (Selenium WebDriver) is an asset
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with a competitive salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours and no overtime
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation & Multi-Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje
Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Location: Skopje, Sofia
Team Size: 12 people