Junior DevOps Engineer
We welcome Junior DevOps Engineers to join our smart and nice team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Implementing code and container building automations (Continuous Integration)
- Implementing blue-green or rolling deployment automations (Continuous Deployment)
- Keeping a healthy communication with your colleagues
- Deploying/configuring cloud services manually or using Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform)
- Troubleshooting availability, performance, or application release problems
- Writing technical documentation
- Learning from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- Previous work experience as System Administrator or Developer
- Interest and understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowing at least one programing or scripting language
- Web application hosting knowledge (Web servers, SSL certificates, know how HTTP works, etc.)
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Basics of the different Linux flavors (Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/AWS Linux)
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services offered by AWS/Azure/GCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Practical experience with Public Clouds (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience with databases – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledgeable in DevOps automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with web applications and REST APIs – development, deployment or support
- Experience with Docker containers
Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
Flexible working hours and no overtime
Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
Co-subsidized MultiSport cards, transportation, parking
Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
Annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Skopje
Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply
Melon AD is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with Melon AD's policies, as well as with the GDPR Regulation.
Melon AD will process the personal data included in your CV for a period of 12 months for the purposes of recruiting for this currently vacant position or for the purpose of recruiting of personnel for future vacant positions with Melon, which positions according to Melon AD are appropriate for you in view of your education, professional qualification and experience.
You have the right to request access, correction or erasure of your personal Information at any time. You also have the right to request restriction of processing your personal data, and you may as well withdraw consent at any time.
Location: Skopje, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo
Team Size: 12 people