We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team.
As a data scientist, you will develop machine learning models that are used by some of the top companies in the world. You will work on large-scale structured and unstructured data, apply cutting-edge AI/ML technologies on real-world datasets to develop models for prediction, recommendation, forecasting, and NLP.
Our team is supportive, hard-working, and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Formulating a real-world enterprise scenario into a machine learning problem and think of optimal ways of solving it.
- Data wrangling with large data sets on the cloud to understand the properties of the data.
- Transforming data into innovative features/signals that can improve machine-learning tasks.
- Translate modeling results into actionable business insights using visualization tools (Power BI) and other presentation tools.
- Participate in end-to-end machine learning model lifecycle, from prototyping, implementing & evaluating ML and DL models, followed by deployment and monitoring using cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) tools.
- Working in a team with other data scientists, engineers, UX experts to deliver an intuitive, robust solution to the customer.
- Self-learning new techniques and advances in machine learning from textbooks and research papers and applying them to your problem
- 3+ years of experience (or research projects in lieu of industry experience) in the areas of data science, machine learning, or information retrieval including
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Statistics (including statistical tests)
- Python ML programming stack: Scikit learn, Pandas, Matplotlib, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with ML pipelines and life-cycle
- Experience with Spark-based architectures
Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours and no overtime
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation, parking & Multi-Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care is a program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.