We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods. If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
Our team is supportive, hard-working, and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, part of Kin + Carta, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- 2+ years’ experience of Data platform implementation, including 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Data Factory/Kinesis/Kafka/Spark/Storm implementations.
- 2+ years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Flink, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Azure Data Factory).
- Proficiency with at least one language such as Python, Scala, C++ or Java.
- Basic understanding of machine learning fundamentals.
- Experience working on a codebase with many contributors.
- Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required.
- Hands-on experience working on large-scale data science/data analytics projects.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations.
- Hands-on experience with Data Analytics technologies such as Azure, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Spark SQL, MLib or Storm/Samza.
- Implementing Azure and AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Experience with at least one of the modern distributed Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet Caffe, and Keras.
- Experience building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
- 2+ years of experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
- Experience with Azure and AWS technology stack.
- Ability to take Machine Learning models and implement them as part of the data pipeline.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours and no overtime
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses, and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation, parking & Multi-Sport cards that give free access to a great number of sports facilities around Bulgaria
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care is a program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon, part of Kin + Carta?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedApply
Melon AD is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with Melon AD's policies, as well as with the GDPR Regulation.
Melon AD will process the personal data included in your CV for a period of 12 months for the purposes of recruiting for this currently vacant position or for the purpose of recruiting of personnel for future vacant positions with Melon, which positions according to Melon AD are appropriate for you in view of your education, professional qualification and experience.
You have the right to request access, correction or erasure of your personal Information at any time. You also have the right to request restriction of processing your personal data, and you may as well withdraw consent at any time.