We are looking for an Android Developer to join our mobile development team.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as a client: being smart, delivering results, and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason, and sense of humor, and we appreciate the potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working, and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Take an active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
- Develop our own products
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 3+ years of professional experience building native Android apps
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Android SDK and ecosystem
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin
- Strong knowledge in OOP, data structures and design patterns
- Good knowledge in web-service integrations and the client-server application model
- UI design best practices
- Experience with databases
- Experience with background processing, Bluetooth, media processing
- Multi-threading and memory management, specific to mobile devices
- Understanding different architectural patterns
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential
- Familiarity with continuous-integration
- Teamwork experience
- Good communication skills (everything from showing empathy to being able to present your ideas clearly and resolve conflicts in a non-violent way)
- Good command of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed (coffee’s on us)
- Google Play Store applications that you have worked on
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time the position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit.
- Flexible working hours and no overtime.
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services.
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications.
- Work-from-home when required.
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development.
- Co-subsidized transportation & Multi-Sport cards that give free access to a great a number of sports facilities around Bulgaria.
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices.
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building gathers together the offices from Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, and Skopje.
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year.
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.