Azure DevOps Engineer
We are Melon, part of Kin+Carta – a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 15+ years of outsourcing experience, 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Design Cloud architectures or improve existing cloud environments while considering client’s security, availability and cost requirements
- Deploy Cloud services using reusable Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Collaborate with development teams in the software development and release processes – establish CI/CD pipelines, promote usage or assist with Proof of Concepts of new Cloud Services, advise on security & performance best practices
- Monitor & Operate Cloud environments – timely reaction on incidents when they occur, build proactive monitoring metrics, alarms & log analytics aligned with business logic
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps
- 6+ years of total experience as System Administrator/CloudOps/DevOps
- Solid experience in Azure, backed with Microsoft certification – DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Solutions Architect Expert as a minimum
- Experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes, Azure Container Instances
- Strong experience in command line & Powershell, Infrastructure as code (ARM templates, Terraform)
- Solid experience with CI/CD especially with Azure DevOps
- Good knowledge and experience working in Windows & Linux OS environment
- Fundamental knowledge of networking & security in the context of web application & cloud
- Good knowledge in Git
- Be a team player
- Good communication skills
- Good command of English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Internal drive to learn, improve and succeed
- Experience/certification with AWS or GCP
- In-depth experience with managing one or more popular SQL – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Load Testing platforms/products
- Experience with Python scripting
- Knowledge about Microsoft 365 Products and Services
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines for microservices applications
- Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation, parking & sports activities coverage/ Multisport cards
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.
Location: Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo
Team: Software Engineering