Junior DevOps Engineer
We are Melon, part of Kin+Carta – a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 15+ years of outsourcing experience, 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is agile, hard-working, supportive and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here’s what you will do most of the time:
- Implementing code and container building automations (Continuous Integration)
- Implementing blue-green or rolling deployment automations (Continuous Deployment)
- Keeping a healthy communication with your colleagues
- Deploying/configuring cloud services manually or using Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform)
- Troubleshooting availability, performance, or application release problems
- Writing technical documentation
- Learning from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- Previous work experience as System Administrator or Developer
- Interest and understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowing at least one programing or scripting language
- Web application hosting knowledge (Web servers, SSL certificates, know how HTTP works, etc.)
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls, etc.)
- Basics of the different Linux flavors (Debian/Ubuntu/RHEL/AWS Linux)
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services offered by AWS/Azure/GCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Practical experience with Public Clouds (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience with databases – MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledgeable in DevOps automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with web applications and REST APIs – development, deployment or support
- Experience with Docker containers
Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation, parking & sports activities coverage/ Multisport cards
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.
Location: Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo
Team: Software Engineering