Senior Java Developer
As of 2022, K+C has joined forces with Melon, which has now officially become a part of Kin+Carta.
Melon is a software development company focused on building teams and delivering meaningful solutions. We have 20+ years of digital transformation consulting experience and 300+ passionate and motivated young professionals in software development offices in Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Skopje and Prishtina.
We are as interested in your work experience as we are in the kind of person you are. At Melon we believe there are three key qualities to being a good teammate, as well as client: being smart, delivering results and being nice. This is why beyond your skills, we value character, reason and sense of humor, and we appreciate potential for growth.
Our team is supportive, hard-working and friendly and we like to keep it this way. If you would like to join Melon, here is what you will do most of the time:
- Work on custom projects for clients, sometimes very closely with their team
- Keep a healthy communication with your project manager and client
- Take active part in all project stages – analysis, estimation, documentation, coding, bug fixing and support
- Develop our own products
- Learn from your colleagues and teach them what you know
- 5+ years commercial software experience
- An excellent understanding of Java 8+
- Good knowledge of OOP, data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of Big O notation and performance analysis
- Knowledge of cloud-based services (AWS is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience in microservices and distributed systems
- Knowledge of SQL and relational data storage (at least one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL or other)
- Knowledge of non-relational data stores (at least one of MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Cassandra or other)
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience with git or other version control
- Experience working with Docker
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience handling large data sets
- Integration experience with third party API’s
- Performance analysis of JVM technology
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with Spring Cloud or Quarkus
- Experience with Maven/Gradle/Ant
- Experience with developing batch/streaming data processing pipelines
- Advanced knowledge in databases such as partitioning and indexing
- Knowledge in Elastic services and tools is a plus
- Knowledge in Salesforce is a plus
- Computer Science or other related fields and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time position that comes with an excellent salary and an opportunity to grow within the company based on demonstrated merit
- Flexible working hours
- Additional health insurance that guarantees fast access to contracted health services
- Our training policy for technical and other skills-related events, courses and certifications
- Our performance evaluation policy that paves the roadmap of personal career development
- Co-subsidized transportation, parking & sports activities coverage/ Multisport cards
- Refreshments and fruits at our offices
- Self-care program that provides individual and team psychological consultations
- The annual team building that gathers together our offices
- Mini-team buildings and other local company events that run throughout the year
What’s Key about Melon?
You get an opportunity to tackle challenging work tasks in a dynamic, but supportive organization. Our company culture is people-oriented and informal. This mix attracts good teammates and interesting clients.
To apply, please send your CV with the position reference in the subject. If you have written relevant code, we encourage you to send an example.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Melon EAD, part of Kin+Carta is committed to protecting your Personal data privacy. We have taken all the necessary actions to make sure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with the GDPR Regulation. You can read our full Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.melontech.com/candidate-privacy-notice.
Team: Software Engineering